We Are Hiring!
Hello! The Athena Center for Leadership at Barnard is hiring!
Graduating seniors and recent Barnard grads passionate about film - join us as our next Post Baccalaureate Fellow
The Post Baccalaureate Fellowship program is a research and career development opportunity for graduating seniors and recent Barnard graduates. The Fellowship is a one-year program (with the possibility of renewal) consisting of various placements that allow for the development of professional career skills, on-going technical and workplace learning, and an opportunity to apply subject matter expertise to new technologies, digital scholarship, creative writing, etc. All fellows engage together as part of a cohort in on-going professional development and learning from Beyond Barnard in collaboration with the Office of Human Resources. Reporting to a Center director (or designee), fellowships are full time paid appointments with health benefits.
The Athena Film Festival Post Baccalaureate Fellow’s main responsibilities will be to assist both the Festival programming team and the Festival Operations Manager with various layers of Festival programming and operations. This includes, but is not limited to the creation and execution of programming, oversight of production and logistics, drafting and coordination of communications and outreach, and support of additional year-round events. This includes contributing to the Festival’s Creative Development Program work which includes, but is not limited to, producing (at least two) screenwriting labs, tracking filmmakers and Athena List Winners, supporting the Athena Development Grant Awards process, and marketing the Works-in-Progress program.
- Work closely with the Operations Manager to assist with the planning and logistics of the festival and related festival events (including in-person events, virtual events, or a combination of both);
- Oversee the submission process for The Athena Film Festival – short films, The Athena List, writer labs, and other Creative Development programs;
- Oversee the hiring and management of a screening committee to assist with programming;
- Work closely with the programming team – researching films, requesting films, and watching and review films for consideration;
- Work closely with the Operations Manager to create content for external communications including social media, the website, and newsletters and strategize new avenues to engage additional Barnard and Columbia stakeholders;
- Review and respond to email inquiries;
- Attend all programming, operations and festival meetings;
- Assemble and build the website for the Athena Film Festival – building individual film pages, the festival schedule and event pages;
- Assist with building the virtual Athena Film Festival watch site, as needed;
- Participate in the hiring and coordination of additional film festival staff – including the venue managers, caterers, hospitality concierges, bartenders, photographers;
- Participate in the training the venue managers, creating all materials necessary for a smooth run of venues during the film festival;
- Analyze data collected from the festival.
As a full-time member of the Athena Center team, the Fellow will be invited to attend Center staff meetings, Barnard all-staff meetings, participate in Athena Center events (including Leadership Council events), and support other Athena Center events/operations as needed.
This is an in-office position on the Barnard College campus.
Barnard College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Barnard does not discriminate due to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender and/or gender identity or expression, marital or parental status, national origin, ethnicity, citizenship status, veteran or military status, age, disability, or any other legally protected basis, and to the extent permitted by law. Qualified candidates of diverse ethnic and racial backgrounds are encouraged to apply for vacant positions at all levels.