The Athena Summer Fellowship Program
Application Deadline: 11:55pm on Monday, January 29, 2018.
Applications can be found on MillieCAREERS powered by Handshake. Search for "Athena Summer 2018 Fellowship Program"
Open to all Barnard students completing their junior year, the Summer Fellows receive a $4,000 stipend and live together for ten weeks in New York City, meeting regularly to reflect on their summer internship and participate in educational and social events with Athena Center staff and other leaders. Ten students are selected for this competitive fellowship, with at least half of them interning at non-profit organizations. Applications are accepted from November to January annually and are available via Handshake. Past Athena Summer Fellows interned at a wide range of businesses and organizations including:
- The Dr. Oz television show
- The National Jazz Museum in Harlem
- Do Something
- The Daily Show with Trevor Noah
- National Latina Institute for Reproductive Health
- McGraw-Hill Office of Diversity and Inclusion
- Fresh Air Fund
- United Talent Agency
- Aid for Aids
- Coda Story
- Research Assistant in Barnard College Political Science Department
- Center for International Environmental Science Information Network
- Ratner Lab, Columbia University Medical Center
- Knopf Doubleday Publishing Co.
- Research Assistant to Irin Carmon (author of The Notorious RBG ) and Rebecca Traister
- Marie Wilson, author
- Gay Men's Health Crisis (GMHC)
- Grovo, a tech start-up
- Behind the Book
- Lower East Side Girls Club, GALA program
Interested Juniors are welcome to attend an info session on the following dates:
Tuesday, November 28, 2017, 630-730pm, Barnard 404
Wednesday, November 29, 2017, 630-730pm, Barnard 406
Monday, January 22, 2018: 12-1pm, Athena Center
*attending an info session is optional
The 2014 Athena Summer Fellows created their own website detailing their time during the program. Click here to visit.
Email Erika Guzman at firstname.lastname@example.org for application information